As Director of Research and Development at CLC bio Roald is responsible for developing new bioinformatics features to the DNA and RNA workbenches.
- Worked as a Reseach fellow at the Bioinformatics Research Center, University of Aarhus and at the Department of Statistics, University of Oxford.
- PhD degree from University of Aarhus. Dissertation: "Molecular population genetics and evolution of RNA viruses", Supervisor: Jotun Hein.
- Various teaching experience including four times a lecturer for the course "Evolutionary Virology" at the University of Aarhus.
Among other has published following articles:
- Forsberg, R. and Christiansen, F. B. (2003)
A codon-based model of host-specific selection in parasites, with an application to the inuenza A virus.
Molecular Biology and Evolution, 20(8):1252-1259.
- Forsberg, R., Drummond, A., and Hein, J. (2005)
Tree measures and the number of segregating sites in time-structured population samples.
BMC Genetics, 6:35.
- Pedersen, J. S., Forsberg, R., Meyer, I. M., and Hein, J. (2004)
An Evolutionary Model for Protein-Coding Regions with Conserved RNA Structure.
Molecular Biology and Evolution, 21(10):1913-22.
- Forsberg, R. (2005)
Divergence time of porcine reproduktive and respiratory syndrome virus sub-types.
Molecular Biology and Evolution, 22(11):2131-2134.